Jennifer Houghton, Yoga Instructor, Specializing in Yoga for Healing
- Certified Yoga Teacher (200-hr, GaiaTri), Certified Fitness Instructor (AFLCA), Certified Pilates Instructor (Spencer), former yoga studio owner, personal trainer.
- Jennifer draws from 25 years experience teaching movement. She has trained with dancers, sports scientists, kinesiologists, physiotherapists, and personal trainers to expand her knowledge of the best techniques for safe, healthy, and effective form and body movement.
- Teacher of aerobics, resistance training, step, indoor cycling, dance, boot camp, and more.
- She has worked with thousands of distinct bodies including people with arthritis, bone spurs, MS, knee replacements, hip replacements, bursitis, tendonitis, metal plates, rods in the spine, visual impairments, fibromyalgia, overused muscles, and more. Adults of all ages from 18 to 92.
- Worked for the MS Society of Canada, Calgary Chapter teaching yoga and fitness programs for people with Multiple Sclerosis.
- Creator of programs and workshops for women that blend yoga, meditation, breath work, African dance, belly dance, Pilates, nutrition, Ayurveda, and Transformational Coaching.
- Worked behind the scenes as a fitness video choreographer & production assistant (in the “Get Ripped with Jari Love” series), and has been in front of the camera too.
- Fifteen minutes of fame: an appearance on Calgary Breakfast Television while hooked up to a breathing-tube-computer-monitor thingy demonstrating how many calories are burned in a weight-lifting exercise. Camera close-up: sweating profusely with a breathing tube in mouth. The glamour shot.
- Hikes daily in the mountains of southern British Columbia, Canada with her dogs Bella and Grizz.